Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Randi .... back in the mid 1970s, we were members of Fine

Customer Question

Hi Randi .... back in the mid 1970s, we were members of Fine Arts 260. I have picture of a horse galloping across the field -- anyway I can find out more about it --- my former spouse unfortunately got the documentation on it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  C&A Appraisals (Randi) replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry to be late getting back to you, I was out of town due to a family death. The Company as you may know was at first Ataliers International and then changed to Fine Arts 260. They were a division of the Book of the Month Club but only did 260 plus a few artist prints. They are no longer in business.
Can you distinguish the artist name as it is critical to the identification and value as well as what number in the 260 series is it?
Did it come framed or did you frame it?
Do you need the valuation opinion for insurance replacement (retail) purposes or for resale or estate purposes? I need to know that so I know which market research is appropriate for you.
Some of the artists names are ***** ***** to distinguish so the certificate information would be helpful if you can not read the signature. Could your former spouse be contacted for the information?
If not let me know to the best of your ability what the signature is and or try to get me a close up of the signature. I will watch for your reply and thank you very much for requesting me and Just Answer. My best, Randi
I haven't heard back from you, just checking to see if you can get me the information I need. Thanks, Randeen