rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I have inherted a sessions wall clock which I understand is

Customer Question

I have inherted a sessions wall clock which I understand is circa 1920 with a number #371 stamped into the timber flap door at the bottom. It still winds and chimes. My father is 98 and I believe it may have been his fathers so it could be even older. Could you advise its value? Thanks
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed. Could you provide a picture of the clock? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Front and rear photos attached.
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
You have a wall clock made by The Sessions Clock Co.. The company was founded in 1903 when William E. Sessions and some of his family members took over part of the E. N. Welsh Co. in Forestville, Conn.Sessions' father's foundry in Bristol, Conn., had made clock cases for Welsh, and William had become interested in clock making.Until the 1930s, Sessions made a wide variety of clocks including advertising wall clocks for businesses, regulator clocks, and various styles of shelf and mantels. Starting in the 1930s, the company began to make electric clocks and timers, and by the end of World War II, it was making electric movements that other companies placed in various kinds of cases, mainly metal and china. That particular design was mostly use as advertising clocks, however your particular unit was not created for that purpose. Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.The value will be in the range of 100-150$. Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Please, remember that I will only be paid if you rate my answer using the stars showed bellow. Please, could you rate my answer so justAnswer will pay me for my time?
Thanks