Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a question regarding a chair. It's a light orange

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question regarding a chair. It's a light orange armed shell fiberglass chair. It's light orange and has 4 metal legs that come down directly from the base of the chair It was purchased between 1956-1964. I can't find a label on the underside unless it had fallen off. Is there any other way to tell if this is an Eames chair or a reproduction? If I need to take it for an appraisal, were would I go. I live in Milwaukee WI.
Thank you for your help.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising musical instruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.Can you post a photo of this?1.Click the paperclip icon2.Click the Browse icon3.Click the Browse button4.Select your file and click Open5.Click OK6.Click Insert7.Click Save Changes on this pagehttp://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot find the paperclip icon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh wait I found it!
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
This is an Eames style molded fiberglass chair. The genuine ones were designed by Eames made by Herman Miller and have a brand mark or stamp right in the surface of the chair like a hallmark. Check the bottom for this. Please let me know if you see this.