Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I would like to download a photo of what I think are Pre-Columbian

Customer Question

I would like to download a photo of what I think are Pre-Columbian figures
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Generally experts here only assess one item per question.
You may just want to choose one here of the 3 you posted.
Pre-Columbian wares are not my area of expertise, however.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help--I especially like the bat figure on the right and they are made in the form of pre-Columbian terra cotta wares, but unfortunately the forms have been highly reproduced for many decades in Mexico, often "aged" by putting the forms into a carcass and letting the natural effects take place for a year or two prior to marketing...of the three, the form on the left of the image has the most probability of being authentic--the center piece, in my opinion, has little chance and the bat is questionable--if authentic, the bat would have the most value--$1,200 or so--and next in line would be the central device at $300-500; the damaged item would be $200-250 in most markets. To be positive, you would need them inspected in person--if there is a local university of size near you, perhaps they have an archaeologist on staff who could assist you. If not, perhaps contact a source such as http://mirappraisal.com/a-brief-primer-on-pre-columbian-art/ If they are reproductions, the typical price is about $50-125 each today. They are quite prolific in Mexico and much of South America--and often sold in street markets. If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.Have a blessed day!With kind regards,Steve