Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in decorative arts especially ceramics, silver, paintings, and furniture.
63759197

I have a marina chintz teapot antique reg #821468 can you tell

Customer Question

I have a marina chintz teapot antique reg #821468 can you tell me how much it is worth can find it on line
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your Marina chintz teapot.Does it look like either of these?(1) http://imgur.com/0DgZZlyor this one:(2) http://i.imgur.com/ujrrF6o.jpgIf neither, can you attach a photo.Many thanks and wait to hear,Robert
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.
If you are having difficulty viewing the links I sent you, all you need to do is copy them and paste them into your browser bar (top left of your screen) and hit 'enter' and they should come up.
Many thanks,
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is the copy of the tea pot i have for you to look
20150624_190152-3.jpg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pleae see the tea pot below this is the one I have
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much for the photos of the tea pot. I can now see exactly which one you have, it's a slightly rarer form than usual, with the hexagonal shape, flat top and recessed lid.This was quite a trendy Art Deco shape in its day, which was the late-1930s when it was produced by the Nelson Pottery, Hanley, Stoke-Trent in England, to compete with Grimwade's "Royal Winton" version that is very similar.The British Design Registry # ***** dates the Marina chintz pattern to 1937. This chintz pattern of all-over English garden flowers on a grey leafy background was extremely popular in its day and has remained so with collectors ever since. The origins of chintz can be traced back to 17th century Indian fabrics exported to England, characterized by patterns of large flowers and richly plumed fantasy birds on scrolling leafage. The word "Chintz" is a corruption of the Indian word "Chint" meaning broad, brightly printed fabric. As for value, if you saw your teapot for sale in an antique store it would have a retail value of about $160. This is also the replacement values for insurance purposes.Expect to get in the range of 30% - 40% of this if you were to sell at auction or on line (eBay, etc). I do hope this helps!Please let me know if I can be of further assistance with this, I would be glad to.Best wishes,Robert