Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

This pendant is approximately 5cm in diameter. I have

Customer Question

Hello This pendant is approximately 5cm in diameter. I have no clue as to its origin or its value. I found it on the sand at the beach in Western Australia. Can you please tell me about it and its approximate value? Regards Di
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Di,This is a commemorative tourist medal or coin on pendant made in 1970-80 designed by engraver B. Galoppi. It is an Italian coin and represents the Island of Elba that was ruled by Napoleon in 1814-1815. The back side of the coin translates to "Napoleon is happy everywhere". The coins were prizes in boxes of detergent in the 70's and sold on pendants to tourists in the 80's. This coin/pendant is silver and has a value of 30.00.