Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an oil painting by Haywood of a brick barn-like

Customer Question

I have an oil painting by Haywood of a brick barn-like building with a windmill,silo,old wooden wheelbarrow,post and wire fence,with a bucket hanging on the fence,by a pond...is it original?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Yes, this is an original painting by Haywood, a midwest artist and art teacher. He painted this in the 1970's and was known for bucolic scenes of farmland and barns. His work is not considered professional and he is not a listed artist, so his work does not bring a high amount. A recent original sold online for 30.00, yet someone in Canada is asking 225.00 for a painting on Ebay. Understand that the 30.00 price is more in line with the value. Your piece is worth 30-40.00.