Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an oil on canvas painting signed J.Brissaud..it is of

Customer Question

I have an oil on canvas painting signed J.Brissaud..it is of a blue vase with soft pastel yellows and light orange flowers on a window sill...it is approximately 12 by 19...is it an original? On the back is a certification number 154440 from Artistic Interiors
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Artistic Interiors was a company that created paintings by the thousands through artists in Europe and Mexico. The artists were not allowed to use their real names. They added Made in Mexico frames and then were sold to department stores and furniture stores as well as through tv commercials advertising art sales at a hotel convention rooms.The actual artist named J. Brissaud only painted horses, so this is not one of his paintings. While this is an original oil painting, it is only of value as a decoration and not as art. The value of art from Artistic Interiors is about 20-30.00 dollars.