Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a John Gould and H.C. Richter bird print entitled Mareca

Customer Question

I have a John Gould and H.C. Richter bird print entitled Mareca Punctata measuring approx. 373 x 554mm. Full lettering on the bottom of the print reads left to right "J. Gould & H.C Richter, del et lith. Mareca Punctata: Cuv, Hullmandel &Walton, Imp." It has been framed and is in fine condition. How do I know if this is an original or a copy in the 1940's? It is framed and in perfect condition. Thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size of this print?
At your convenience, please send more clear, in-focus photos.
A complete image of the print, a clear in-focus close-up of all of the small print, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora