Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

A New Universal Atlas Comprising Separate Maps of all the

Customer Question

"A New Universal Atlas Comprising Separate Maps of all the Principal Empires, Kingdoms. & States Throughout the World and forming a distinct Atlas of the United States." Carefully compiled from the best Authorities Extant by David H. Burr. Published by D.S. Stone,N.Work [circa 1833]
missing original cover, rebound with modern cover
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. The actual retail value on what you have depends a great deal on the originality of condition, and being rebound, that does hurt it quite a bit for the serious collectors.
Realistically, you can expect a retail of around $6,500 to $8,000 in this market today--if you contact those who offer them in the $15k+ range, you will likely find they will render offers in the 25-40% range of what they market them for.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply which was very helpful. I am not certain how we might offer it for sale but you suggest a price range that strikes me as appropriate given the value of a copy with the original binding. We have no other objects thath would be qualified as antiques so this is a "one off".Dennis O'Brien
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** do understand. It would likely be worth your time to contact a venue such as Heritage Auctions in Dallas, Texas, as they do a very upscale book and print sale annually--and see if you could get it included. It would certainly be a good option to consider, as their market is international and tends to do very well with items such as that. If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.Have a blessed day!With kind regards,Steve