rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I have a coffee server about 8.25h x 8.25d at the widest points,

Customer Question

I have a coffee server about 8.25h x 8.25d at the widest points, made by britannia metal co., triple or quad plate, with # ***** stamped next to name. plating is worn on handle and spout, vessel is engraved with a floral pattern and has a slight dent directly below spout. what can you tell me about history and value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello there
My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you or using JustAnswer to solve your question.
Britanni silverplate unit was electroplated on copper and nickel silver, given strong silver plate pieces. The name of the company refers to the Britanni metal composition, which is a type of alloy. The mark at the bottom tell us the pattern number used for that time. Your coffe server is circa 1890-1930.
Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.
The value will be in the range of 150-250$.
Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by moderator:(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Please, remember that I will only be paid if you rate my answer using the smiley faces showed bellow. Please, could you rate my answer so justAnswer will pay me for my time?
Thanks
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Thanks