rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have inherited a vase that has no maker's mark on it other

Customer Question

I have inherited a vase that has no maker's mark on it other than three inscribed (not painted on - but rather into the piece itself) straight lines. It is rather large. On the front there is a picture panel that depicts two Victorian" ladies - one sitting and the other one kneeling in front of her. There are lots of "flowers" that stand out from the piece. Any idea of maker / value? Some of the petals on the pieces are broken / chipped off - trying to decide it restore /sell - or garbage ?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is an Old Paris porcelain vase made circa 1900 in Paris , France. These were made by many companies with different hand painted scenes on the front, usually sold in pairs. Old Paris porcelain is a genre of porcelain, like majolica is a genre of pottery, and not a company name. This vase is worth 75-125.00.