Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

There,Looking to date an old Koken chair

Customer Question

Hi there, Looking to date an old Koken chair on which I'm doing a restoration. Thanks. Wayne DeBord XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Category: Antiques
Expert:  ObjectsConservator1 replied 1 year ago.
Can you attach images of the chair, manufacturer's plate and any other markings? That will help. You can use the paper clip icon in your reply box to attach photos.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I have several photos, both assembled, and of its various components. Tried to attach them all, but the paperclip icon wouldn't allow me to attach any. Don't know why; they're standard .jpg files. Any ideas?

Additional info: all the chair's components have now been nickel plated, and the upholstery is in the leather shop as we speak. There's no manufacturer's plate that I've seen, only "Koken" on the footrest, and a stamped number (P5086) on the plate that houses the fluid filler cap. Let me know whether you need anything further (or if you know how I can send you the photos). Thanks.

Best regards,

Wayne DeBord

***@******.***
You can contact JA Help for assistance in attaching photos. Please let them know that you're having difficulty in doing that.
I'm opting out so another expert can take your question.