Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have two etchings from Paris that was given to my father

Customer Question

I have two etchings from Paris that was given to my father at least 70 years ago by his employer who was French. He tole my dad they would be worth a lot of money some day.
My dad has passed, but my mom is still alive at 91. She has been insisting that I find out if it worth anything.
I have done some researching and came up with the artist is a male from Paris who at one time was secretary to Rodan.
So maybe, maybe. He last name is***** initial R but can't make it out.
Do I send pictures and how much does it cost to get it appraised?
Thank you
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When will I get a responses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When will I get a response?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question; my apologies for the delay. I was offline the past few days myself.
You have an original hand signed etching by Germaine Rouget Cheruy. Yours is signed Ger.Rouget Cheruy.
Cheruy was a multi-talented artist who was associated with great French Masters at the time such as Auguste Rodin and Raoul Dufy. She was the youngest female to be part of the French Salon.
Although she gained many achievements and was well-known during her time, her artwork over time has not been offered much to the public and there are very scant records of sales of works by her.
Based on comparables, your print could carry an average estimate of $500 - $700 on today’s auction market. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $1000.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora