Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

How much is an original Jean Baptiste Greuze painting wort

Customer Question

How much is an original Jean Baptiste Greuze painting worth
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size of this painting?
At your convenience, please send clear, in-focus, close-up images of the surface, as the brush strokes on this appear spurious and an image of the backside (do not remove from frame).
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have an idea if it was original a price range, I'm sure the one I saw wasn't just curious
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delay.
An original painting by French Rococo/Neo-Classical painter Jean-Baptiste Greuze (1725 - 1805) of a signature style head of woman portrait would sell for a minimum of $60,000 and up to $150,000. The insurance or replacement value would be $250,000.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora