Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

Goodd Morning I have a LIMOGES Coverer Bowl I believe its considered

Customer Question

Goodd Morning I have a LIMOGES Coverer Bowl I believe its considered a bon-bon dish but am unsure it is done in a floral patter with gold accents and a crown on the lid. and im curious as to its value if any
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,
My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.
Do you have any photos of the maker's marking on the bottom of the piece you may be able to send?
There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:
UPLOAD:
The link below will direct you through our upload process
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
EMAIL:
You can also email pictures to***@******.*** with ATTNCustomerin the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.
Thank you for your time,
Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just emailed you more photo the mark on bottom howerer is is a 5point crown underwhich are two crossed sabors with limoges under those
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Great,
Thank you.
As soon as customer support sends over the photos I can get to work on that evaluation for you.
Thanks again,
Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** more thing the lid and the dish have numbers on them the dish is 39 stamped in green and circled. i cant make out the number on the lid.Allen
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Allen.
Look forward to those photos.
Frank
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening Allen,
Thank you for sending over those photos.
Unfortunately, your piece is a modern reproduction of a Limoges covered bon bon or nick nack dish produced circa 1970's. Many of these knock off pieces were produced in Asia, which is where I would almost guarantee is where this piece was produced.
This is not to say the piece is without value. If you were to attempt to resell the covered dish, you would be looking at a resale value of closer to 15-25USD for the piece in excellent condition. Cracks, chips or crazing would detract from the resale value.
I hope this information was helpful to you today.
Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.
Thank You,
Frank
Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.