rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

A J. Moignier bronze buffalo has come into my possession and

Customer Question

A J. Moignier bronze buffalo has come into my possession and I am curious to its background, biographical facts about the sculptor, and the current market value of this piece. The buffalo is rearing up and is approximately 16" high from the base of the bronze to the tip of his horn. He is also approximately 13" long. The buffalo is standing on a bronze gradual "hill" and then mounted to a marble base. Any information you can give me would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello there
My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you or using JustAnswer to solve your question.
Jules Moigniez (French, 1835-1894)
Jules Moigniez was born in France in 1835. He began his studies under Paul Comolera. Because of Comolera's interest in the subject, Moigniez began sculpting birds. Throughout his career, his subjects of choice would actually be game birds. He also sculpted horses and dogs. Today, he is remembered as one of the great anamalier sculptures, and his work is admired for its detail, craftsmanship, and unique style.
Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.
The value will be in the range of 2,500-3,500$.
Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Please, remember that I will only be paid if you rate my answer using the smiley faces showed bellow. Please, could you rate my answer so justAnswer will pay me for my time?
Thanks