ObjectsConservator1
ObjectsConservator1, Restorer
Experience:  30+ years of conserving and restoring museum and private-owned objects.
75944346

I have a crucifix that was given to a deceased relative that

Customer Question

I have a crucifix that was given to a deceased relative that once belonged to Napolian
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ObjectsConservator1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I assume that your actual question is, "how much is this crucifix worth on the re-sale market"?, correct? Assuming that your provenance is correct, and that it did indeed belong to Napolean Bonaparte, it really should be in a museum as it has historical value beyond the monetary. It should still be professionally appraised to establish insurance value, of course.
Having said that, here are my questions:
- Can you please post images of the object, in focus, well lit, and of the front and reverse sides.
- Show any markings, and please describe the material(s) that the piece is made of, and any other pertinent details that you can think of about the physical object.
- Do you have written documentation of the provenance/history of the object that definitely establishes Napolean as the owner at one time, or is the history only an oral one?
More information will help in researching this object for you. Let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where should I email the photographs of the item
You can attach them in your reply box using the paper clip icon and follow the instructions. If you are having problems, please contact JA technical help.
Please keep in mind that I am not responsible for difficulties with the site or any technical issues. Please rate me for my work and expert response only. I am not an employee of JA or Pearl.com, but am an independent expert.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I'm sorry but I cannot offer "live phone call" services at this time due to other work responsibilities and obligations, only on-line answers. I've opted-out so another expert can help you. You will not be charged extra by JA.