Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We recently had a barn fire and some of my antiques were destroyed.

Customer Question

We recently had a barn fire and some of my antiques were destroyed. I need value to complete our insurance estimate. original doors from house (3),
Coates and Clarks thread box
barn ladders (3)
flexible flyer sleds (2) over 50 yrs old
wooden swivel desk chair
wood dinning chair, cane seat
wood toddler bed c. 1835
bob sled runners
rocking chairs rush seat c. 1860
rocking chair rush seat c. 1850
wood kitchen chairs (6)
vanity dresser, bench, mirror c. 1930
short wood bench antique
beer bottle capper
galvanized can to sit on stove
ice grabber prongs
hay pully/track
chicken feeder c. 1940
antique liscence plates '39 -'53 (10)
Royal Typewritter 1935
Philco TV 1949
cattle stantions (4)
wood soap boxes (2)
grain bin 6’Lx4’H
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
We do one item per question, if you would like to pick one of these I will be glad to help you.
Glenda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if you only do one item, I will try and find my answer elsewhere instead of paying $38 per item. Thank you for your time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please cancel any charges other than the one time.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning
If I were you I would contact a local Estate Sale Company or Appraiser they can give you an idea of what all this would be worth, and it should not cost what it would to do a formal appraisal. Appraisers normally charge 150.00 per hour with a minimum of one hour to start. If you are needing just a general idea of what the items are worth, they will probably not charge as much.
If your insurance company can accept you finding the values, you can look these up yourself, it would not be an appraised value, but you can find what the items are being sold for on the internet. You would just google each item to find what auctions and individuals are selling them for. Take the higher values.
In order to cancel this you will need to contact the justanswer site, appraisers ( me ) do not work for the site we come to the site to answer questions the customers ask. We have no dealings with any business practices of the site. You can contact them by clicking contact us at the bottom of your page.
Glenda