Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We have several items - the first one is anPersian/Iranian

Customer Question

Hi we have several items - the first one is anPersian/Iranian (oil?) painting on canvas given to us by my husband's Iranian students in the 1980s. It is of a young woman (hips up) wearing traditional clothes and carrying a live deer across her shoulders. In the background is an arch, trees and sky. No signature that I can see - but we've never taken it from it frame (ornate plaster, painted gold).
The other one is an Aboriginal bark painting by Mick Magani (80x25) On the back it says 'A hunter by the sea is about to spear a big sea snake while 2 small snakes come out of of a broken mangrove while on the land is a native rabbit and anteater.'
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question, however I only assess one item per question here.
I can provide an assessment on your Magani painting.
If you would like to continue, at your convenience, please send photos.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora