Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

Early twentieth century, eighteenth century style, mahogany

Customer Question

Early twentieth century, eighteenth century style, mahogany buffet, four long central drawers flanked by two quarter doors, each surmounted by a half drawer, a band of swagged, reeded decoration accenting across upper quarter, reeded accents between doors and vertically along corners, 34" H x 60" L x 20" deep, an elegant piece, now refinished and in good condition.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.
You do not say what the previous appraisal done in 2000 values your buffet.
If that appraisal is correct done by a reliable appraiser, you can increase it by 15% for value today.
A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of retail value.
I hope I have helped you.
If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.
I endeavor to give realistic, honest assessments in a timely manner.
If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you.
All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.
Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.
Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.
Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.
Kind regards.
Doris
Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Let me know,
Doris