AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

I have an original artwork by jacques kupferman.

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

There are limited records coming up under this name. Are you certain of the full name and spelling?

What is the size?

Jennifer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, it is a original piece of art by Jacques Kupfermann. very large, maybe 3ft by 4ft.
Thank you, ***** ***** corrected the spelling the second time. In the first post, you put Jacques Kupferman, who is an Austrian painter of abstract landscapes.

In your reply, you spelled it Kupfermann, and he was an American Expressionist. That extra N is important!

That said, this painting does not at all resemble the work of Kupfermann. An analysis of the signature, and/or the provenance (where the painting came from), would be needed, since it looks so very different from the typical work of Jacques Kupfermann.

That said, Kupfermann works have not done well in resale lately, with auction sales maxing out at $1000. As this is an extremely atypical work, it's hard to say where it would fall in auction placement, but most likely in the $1000-$1500 range.

Please let me know if you have more questions or can upload a photo of the signature.

Sincerely,

Jennifer