Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I found an old kitchen table stamped with ARX then Mexico underneath.

Customer Question

I found an old kitchen table stamped with ARX then Mexico underneath. I found it with 6 thatch seated chairs. I'm just looking to find the history and it's worth. the table top has carved out divers all along the 4 edges of that helps. I have pics but for some reason I can't post them here. Please help if you can. Thanks!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send more photos.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm tapping the add files and selecting my pic to send but it just isn't uploading. Is there an email or number I can text some pics to?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll send them via that email but I think they uploaded using the add files icon after all
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the heads-up on emailing images.
I will certainly let you know when they have arrived to me.
In the meantime, be on the look-out for a confirmation email from customer service confirming they have received your images and will forward to me.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I received some images, thank you. Can you please provide a photo of the ARX Mexico mark you found on this table.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I received the image with the mark, thank you - however I have not found a match to this for you.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. You have a 20th century "rustic" form table as manufactured in Mexico circa 1950-1960. ARX was a distributor in that time, selling mainly to the SouthWest. At present, the set would retail around $1,200 to $2,000 in most markets--the style is commonly known as "rustic hacienda," by the way--here is a current company who markets similar goods today: http://haciendarustica.com/ -If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.Have a blessed day!With kind regards,Steve