Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I had a cut glass (crystal?) floor lamp that was destroyed

Customer Question

I had a cut glass (crystal?) floor lamp that was destroyed in a flood. It was about 6' tall. I have a picture that I can send to you. I don't appear to be able to attach photos here. I need to determine the value/replacement cost for the lamp. I'm finding small cut glass table lamps for $1250 on up to new floor lamps for as much as $10,000. I need an appraisal for insurance reimbursement.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Do you have an idea of the age of the lamp that was damaged? As well, is the image attached here of your own lamp pre-damage or an image of a similar one - I am presuming an image of a comparable, yes?
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I don't know the age of the lamp. I would say some where between vintage and antique. I've owned it for about 20 yrs. The picture is a 100% exact match for the lamp that I had that was damaged. I found it on pinterest. It was on ebay 1 yr. ago - that's where the person that posted it on pinterest found it. Unfortunately, I can't find on ebay what the lamp sold for, or if it even sold.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
If the comparable sold on ebay, I would be able to find the sale record match on worthpoint.com - and it is not there, so it likely did not sell.
Based on the sale price of best APB, or American Brilliant Period, table lamps which top average is $4000, the suggested insurance or replacement value for your tall APB standing lamp is $10,000.
You can print this all out by clicking the "Share" button above, which is located at the lower right corner of the box in which your initial question is posted.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora