Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

Estimated appraisal of "The Builders" original 80/300 print

Customer Question

Estimated appraisal of "The Builders" original 80/300 print dated 1974 by Jacob Lawrence?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. Jacob Lawrence (1917-2000) was one of the most important artists of the 20th century, widely recognized for his modernist depictions of everyday life as well as epic narratives of African American history and historical figures.
At present, the typical retail replacement value for your print ranges from $4,000 to $6,000 but the last recorded sale realized less:
-
Lot # *****
"The Builders" (1974)
Print-Multiple , Screenprint in colors , 76 cm x 55 cm
Estimate: $4,000 - $6,000
Hammer price: $2,600
Leslie Hindman Inc., Chicago IL
UNITED STATES, 21 May 2015
-
For insurance replacement, I would recommend $5,000 but for selling, I would likely market it around $3,500 and be prepared to take offers.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please cancel my membership at the expiration of my one month membership and acknowledge your response by E Mail.Robert L Kimbrough***@******.***
Expert:  Steven-R replied 2 years ago.
Do you wish to call?