Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I found a Picasso print in my garage.It is The Kiss numbered

Customer Question

I found a Picasso print in my garage.It is The Kiss numbered 73 out of 500 It has Collection Domaine Picasso written in pencil at the bottom.I've looked it up on line and it the size of prints listed. How can I get it checked out?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. Originally, Pablo Picasso left his granddaughter (Marina Picasso) a selection of his best loved works. Ms. Picasso authorized a limited edition of lithographs to be created from the art she had inherited which became known as the "Picasso Estate Collection" and they were published during the period of 1979 to 1982 in limited editions of 500.
Unfortunately, there have been "Collection Domaine Picasso" prints flooding the market over the last 5-8 years via the internet including eBay. They are mostly giclee's (although occasionally called lithograph) which can easily be reproduced by anyone.
There are mostly of Picasso works with the exception of slight color changes and at the bottom right hand corner there is a signature that says "Collection Domaine Picasso". They are also numbered from editions of 500, but according to most sources there are MANY editions of 500 with secondary market publishers printing them. These are un-authorized reproductions in virtually all cases, sorry.
Your best bet to try for an authentication without spending a ton of money would be to send detailed images and dimensions to:
http://www.sothebys.com/en/buysell/overview.html
https://www.christies.com/services/auction-estimates/
and ask for a courtesy evaluation for inclusion in an art sale--most local galleries, unfortunately, won't be of much help.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This print ia least 10 to 15 years old the pencil writing is mostly on the left but taking up at least half of the print.he had Dali prints and other art work so I really believe this on to be non reproduced.
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello again...unfortunately, the same company is known for re-creating Dali prints as well! What I was trying to state, in essence, is that any print by "Collection Domaine" is questioned in the art trade at the professional level--but again, if you send images as noted, I think both sources may likely confirm what I advised, sorry--but I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
With kind regards,
Steve