Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a set of three maritime oil paintings. I am not able

Customer Question

I have a set of three maritime oil paintings. I am not able to determine the signature and the typed name of the artist, once stapled to the back of one of the frames has disappeared. Several years ago, I did an internet search on the artist and he came up as a being a dutch maritime artist and, I think he may have produced work in the late 19th or early 20th century. The only identification on the frames are "Browning Brothers, 8625 - Glendale, NY." The paintings all have large ships at full sale in high seas. There are voluminous clouds. Seafoam green is the prominent color.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send more photos.
A complete image of the back (do not remove from frame) and clear in-focus close-up of the signature will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an appointment and must terminate this session. I will get back with you. Thank you very much.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
You can sign back in at any time. No time limit here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The paintings are 36"x24", 24"x20" and 20"x16". I am trying to upload photos as you requested and keep getting an error message that the files are too large. If you can give me an email address I can forward you an email with smaller files.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you receive the email with the photographs?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I did - thank you.
I had sent a message through here to you a few days ago, however it now appears it did not post.
Are all 3 signed and with the same signature? One image of the signature on one painting came through well, but a second image of a signature is too blurry in the photo to see.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you for confirming.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your message of July 28th confirms you received my response that all 3 paintings are signed by the same artist. This has gone on since June. When can I expect to get something tangible from you? Or, if you're not able to answer my question, please just let me know, so I may request a refund of money I paid in June. Thank you.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
My apologies, I thought I posted a response then that I would have to opt-out.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank-you for your effort.