rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I have a large tray and samovar and coffee and tea service

Customer Question

Hello. I have a large tray and samovar and coffee and tea service by Gorham that my grandmother bought at auction. I am 80 years old so it was a long time ago. The pattern is "Dowager" It is monogrammed and the story is that it was from the GOULD Estate. There is an anchor hallmark and gotham MFG. Co and 0800 on back of pieces. some say silver soldered
What does all this mean? I would appreciate an auction estimate.
Thank you. Saundra GillisIt is very large, very elaborate and I think absolutely gorgeous!
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello there

My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you or using JustAnswer to solve your question.
Manufacturer Status: Not Known
Pattern: Dowager (Silverplate, 1875) by Gorham [GS DOWA]
Pattern Number: 1875

The name Gorham is the manufacturer of the pieces and the pattern name is***** number 0800 was is a manfuacturer number and the words "Gorham Mfg. Company" is the hall mark used by Gorham in the period 1865-1961.
Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.
The value will be in the range of:
Tea pot - 300-450$
Coffee pot - 280-430$
Large tray - 450-700$
Please, remember to rate my answer using the smiley faces once satisfied!