Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Platinum almost 4" tall Figment the Dragon it is hollow

Customer Question

I have a Platinum almost 4" tall Figment the Dragon it is hollow I only had to places test it an made offers in the thousands an turned them down. On the the lower right is a W not a copyright an the a 1932 below that is WALT DISNEY below that is PRODUCTIONS also I was reading that Walt Disney bought rights from Marvel Comics in 1928 I call 3 times to the Walt Disney Family Museum in California the first person I spoke said "i can't tell anything about that item or the value an hung up on me. The Second person said the same then I said "I'm poor an so is my family can you please help me" she responded back "get an appraisal they will tell you what it's worth sell it an she hung up on me.
I researched my Figment Platinum Figurine I found out a lot about him so I call back the to same museum an pressed Custom Relations I told her what I had an with a even stronger voice she said "can you repeat that" i was almost finished an she hung up on me. Same day my brother called me an said "he would research on the internet when he got home" he called me not long after an said" Epcot made him in 1982". Which is a huge lie. every jewel restore said would not touch it except for 2 places the first was Stanley's Jewelry in North Little Rock, Arkansas he said after testing it for about 5 minutes on his electric tester (I remembered asking my brother why is the red and green lights on for so long). Long story short he said its not gold or platinum but ill test it for silver several minutes he brought he back said nothing about silver only said" My Best Guess it that it's Potmetal" I knew it was PLATINUM
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Museums do not ever provide valuations or appraisals on items, it is a conflict of interest.
I am not able to value this online for you so I will opt-out here and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
~Nora
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.
You said that the jeweler at Stanley's said it was pot metal. However, you feel it is platinum. How do you know it is platinum? Do you have testing results from another jeweler? Has it been acid tested?
As Nora stated, museums do not, ever, provide appraisals or opinions on value. They are not permitted to do so.
Sincerely,
Jennifer