rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I'm trying to find out if the silver utensils my parents received

Customer Question

I'm trying to find out if the silver utensils my parents received as wedding gifts has any monetary worth at this time. The butter knife says stainless on it, the fork says Rhapsoudy and has a small engraving stating internationala sterling. thanks for your help.
My name is*****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
International Sterling made your set and it is in the Rhapsody pattern. This pattern was made in sterling silver only (worth money), so there is no chance that the set is silver plated (worth nothing). They made this pattern in 1931 (long and sleek coming to a point on the end) and then again with slightly different styling in 1957-2009 (more fat end with a flourish design at the tip). Most steak and dinner knives made in flatware had a stainless steel blade, so this is normal.
Value
forks, 60 each
salad fork, 40 each
tea spoons, 40 each
table spoons, 50 each
dinner knives 30-40 each
butter spreader knife, 20 each
serving pieces, 75-100 each