Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I am trying to find out if a table is antique can you help? I

Customer Question

I am trying to find out if a table is antique can you help?
I have an antique table (I think) and wanted to see if I could email the pictures to someone to review. Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to email pictures or there is no way for you to go any further. Is there somewhere I can email pictures?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
Glenda
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I received the pictures thank you. Does this have any markings under the bottom to indicate a maker?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only on one side on the slats that would hold the leafs I have attached pictures
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
This is too dark for me to see, can you tell me what it says?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They r like a sideways cursive S
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Those are not makers marks, just an enter factor marking.
Are you wanting the current market value for your table? It was produced in the 30's, Walnut with Brass feet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that would be good enough for me I think I do appreciate you really taking your time with this
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
You are very welcome it is my pleasure to help you.
.
The 1930's Walnut Table with Brass Feet, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.
.
If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online.
There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items.
There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane.
There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello ***** just checking in to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help!"
If there was a problem with the answer I provided for you? I would be happy to address that. If not a rating would be greatly appreciated, since this is the only way we are compensated for answering questions, from the site.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda