Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Edwardian chaise lounge, matching grandfather and grandmother

Customer Question

Edwardian chaise lounge, matching grandfather and grandmother chairs 2 dining/hall chairs = 2 nursing chairs; carved mahogany panels on the backs, bought in London 1901 on honeymoon trip by my great uncle. Good condition as my father had them recovered What would be the value to sell them and do you have suggestions as to where would be the best place?
Thanks
Sue
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Nora My internet had a malfunction through the provider. Can I still send you some information
Thanks
Kind regards
Sue Reynolds
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sue,
Yes, of course, please send images at your convenience.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear
Nora please find the photos of the Edwardian lounge attached. I would like to know where to sell it in Sydney Australia and how much I might expect to get.I have tried to send you the photos but "+ADD FILES" does not work for me.
Kind regards ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora,
I tried the "+ADD FILES" link and it finally worked after about 20 attempts.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora