Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I was researghing Jack XXXXXX when I came across

Customer Question

Hi XXXX, I was researghing Jack XXXXXX when I came across your discussion about the value of a painting of his. I was his student for drawing, painting, and printmaking in the early 70s when he was teaching at Columbia College. I made a litho he liked so he offered to trade it for one of his. This was just before his engagement to be married.
The print is in a 16x20 frame; the image is smaller of course. It is black ink on ivory paper. I believe it was mounted on acid-free, but I can't swear to the color of the paper. I do think it was actually ivory. It is an artist's proof, 3/5, titled "Endangered Speicies #1." It is signed Jack XXXXXX '73.
The image is of an eagle (bald eagle?) with a gender indterminate figure creating the iris and pupil.
I doubt that I want to sell it. It has too many memories. But I would like to let whomever I leave it to that it has value and that I cherish it.
I would greatly appreciate if you would look at the value of this lithograph for me.
Sincerely,
Clare XXXXXX
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. The appraiser your requested is no longer available here.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora