Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My grand mother gave me three jasperware cups and saucers in

Customer Question

My grand mother gave me three jasperware cups and saucers in excellent condition. They are pale blue with white relief figures. From when she gave them to me I think they were made in the first part of the 20th century. I want to know the range of their value. Thank you for any assistance you can give me. Robert XXXX
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.
If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
.
.
.
.
This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.
http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Glenda, I apologize for my delayed response. I do not at this time have a picture but from researching Wedgewood I have identified the blue teacups with white relief on cup and saucer. I am not and expert however they appear to be in excellent, unmarked condition being individually wrapped in several layers of tissue paper for the last 40-50 years. I am currently 69 and I remember my grandmother loving them (but never using them??). Would you please, if you can, give me an approximate range of value , unofficially of course. if not I will try to take a picture and send it to you, but this is difficult at the moment. Thanks in advance for your professional assistance, Sincerely, ***** *****
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Rob
If you can tell me what design is on the cups?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Glenda, I will try tomorrow to send a picture. As I look at the cup, there are a total of eight figures, five standing and one seated and two children. There are three trees and some smaller shrubs.They are wearing togas and appear to be Greecian. One has a spear. On the saucer there are six individual scenes around the edge, all very detailed and delicate. Can't imagine how they did it. You sent instructions for sending a picture but I am not the best at this sort of thing, BUT will try. Again thanks for your tips. Rob ****
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Robert
I know which ones you have if you would like for me to go ahead and value these for you. The intricate details on these are hand designed and painted, then applied to the cups, then they are fired in a kiln. That is why this is some of the highest quality china there is.
Glenda