Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

My Mom has a Chinese 20" fish bowl - porcelain. The inside

Customer Question

My Mom has a Chinese 20" fish bowl - porcelain. The inside has pictures of gold fish and the outside is mostly pink with decorative flowers and birds and the outside decorative art feels "raised" when you run your hand over it. We are looking to get it appraised. I pictures of it, how do I upload the pictures?
Thanks!
-Lisa
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Mom purchased the bowl from an antique dealer 30+ years ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
two more pics - one of the inside
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my cell number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
Does this have a makers name on the bottom? Do you have the stand this sits on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, we have the stand the pot sits on and not sure if there is a marker - where would we look, would it be on the bottom of the pot? - The pot is very heavy to lift and see if the marker is at the bottom.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Yes it would be on the bottom, it may be in Chinese and not readable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do we have to have it for the appraisal? Would it be possible to give me a range of what this pot may be appraised at?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We also have the following:
Antique Chinese wet bar - there is a plate on the back of the unit, can hardly read the writing - this is what we think it says. Chinese Artistic Carried Furniture Company Shuitien Street Factory 111-113 HSIN CHU no.2610
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Sure.
.
We do one item per question. You will need to post a new question for that item.
.
The Chinese 20" Fish Bowl with Stand has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $375.00-425.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.
.
If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here you go!
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
That is Chinese, it cannot be read here. But, the mark with the square around it like that is, indicates this is from the early 20thC, around 1910-1915.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
You are very welcome, if you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it. You do so following this response by clicking one of the top stars. Thank you.
.
.
.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda