rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I have a doll with the HS and other writing that is hard to

Customer Question

i have a doll with the HS and other writing that is hard to read. It is a bisque head with glass eyes with a composition body. It also has a baby swing. My mother was a child in the 1920's. the numbers may read 401. Is it worth anything?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello there
My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you in your question today. Thank you or using JustAnswer to solve your question.
The HS mark would match Hermann Steiner Dolls 1911-1930+ German. The 401 mold is corresponds specifically with a 1920 Hermann Steiner Character Baby doll, Bye-Lo Baby doll type look a like, 8-16" tall, bisque head with flange neck, painted or glass eyes. Could you confirm that your doll matches this description? If not, could you provide a picture of the doll?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it worth anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did these dolls come with extras like the swing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there?
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Yes, it does have a value! Sorry for the late reply!
Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.
The value will be in the range of 250-400$ for an original costume 401 mold HS doll.
Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!