Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My name is ***** ***** and im just starting out i have

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** im just starting out i have a chokin art plate in my collection along with my chinese and japanese stuff mines inc 33314 #2788 AND I HAVE TWO BIRDS ON MINE I ASSUMED THEY WERE KINGFISHERS UNTILL I READ YOU MENTION HUMMING BIRDS THEY ARE MOST LIKELY HUMMING BIRD IN FACT IM A NOVICE JUST STARTING ON THE ANTIQUES VINTAGE ROAD IT WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW I MIGHT ACTUALLY NOT BE FAR OFF THE MARK IF THESE PLATES ARE COLLECTIBLE ;)
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question, however I only assess one item or matched set per question here.
If you would like to continue, please choose one and send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
My screen indicates you sent a message, but there is not one showing here.
~Nora