rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I found a painting signed Vivis in cap letters and red color.

Customer Question

I found a painting signed Vivis in cap letters and red color. I think it's geoffry Vivis. But I can't find much about him
I have 2 actually. One looks like Venice water the other is lily pads and flowers.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Please do add pictures of the paintings (straight on, not at an angle) and a picture of the signatures. You can do this by using the paper clip icon or ADD FILES button depending on which operating system you use. This works best on a desktop computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are the two pictures. The one with lilly pads isn't signed.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
These are both copies of paintings by famous French Impressionist Claude Monet. The first is The Bridge at Argenteuil and the other is one of the Water Lilies (Nympheas) series. Normally, these are copies made in China, but the signature suggests Ukraine where I have also seen copies emerge of master works. Since these are poorly executed copies by an unlisted artist, the value is not high. They would be valued at 40.00 each.