Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner, Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

What is the value of the painting"Freedom" by Eddie LePage.

Customer Question

What is the value of the painting"Freedom" by Eddie LePage. Approximately 20 x 20". Native child in centre of a circle.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.
What medium is used - watercolor, oil, etc - ?
Kind regards,
Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oil
I look forward to your reply.
Kind regards,
Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not th response to the question I posed re; the Eddie LePage painting value.
I realized my mistake a few moments ago.
I thank you for your patience.
I will have an answer for you as quickly as I can research Eddie LePage.
Kind regards,
Doris
I found three comparables for your painting by Eddie LePage. They were all slightly larger so I had to adjust the value of your 20 x 20" slightly.
In USA dollars, your painting has a charitable donation value (retail) of $1800 assuming good condition.
A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of retail value.
I hope I have helped you.
If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.
All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.
I endeavor to give realistic, honest values in a timely manner.
If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you.
All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.
Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.
Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.
Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.
Kind regards.
Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was our understanding that the painting when purchased cost about $5,000 in Canadian funds a number of years ago. How did you arrive at your value for the painting?
I went to the Eddie LePage website and looked at what his paintings are selling for now. Google "Eddie LePage artist" and you can see how I arrived at that figure.
Sometimes art galleries sell at very high prices. They sell at what the traffic will bear as most retailers do, Still, I find a wide range between galleries in their pricing.
For example, a painting sold in New York, would sell for much less in Waco, Texas.
If your donors have a receipt or copy of a check, that can serve as proof of what they paid. If they do not, they can contact the gallery where they bought it and ask for a copy of the receipt.
I looked at 5 major art databases to see if there had been any of LePage's pieces come up for auction. He was not listed in any of them.
Kind regards,
Doris