Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have 3 small cast iron banks. The first has combination

Customer Question

I have 3 small cast iron banks. The first has combination lock and it still works. The only mark I can find is on the bottom made is USA. The second bank is mail box with a pull down slot for the coins. I don't know if the red color was the original paint
or not. There are no markings on this one. The last one is also a mail box but a completely different style. This one seems to be the original paint. I couldn't find any markings on either of these two banks. any information and value is appreciated. Thanks,
Dana
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Nora here again to help with your question - however I only assess one item per question here.
If you would like to continue, please choose one and let me know.
Thank you,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One cast iron bank with a combination lock. The lock still works. The only mark I can find is on the bottom - Made in USA
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
Thank you for your patience.
The cast iron combination ‘safe’ bank with a man and dog on front and angel on top was originally made by the Grey Iron Casting Company from Mount Joy, PA between 1903 - 1925. The company and their molds were then purchased in 1969 by ***** ***** of Wrightsville, Pennsylvania who reproduced this form and began offering to the public again. Your version was reproduced by Wright. On today’s market, these sell for $15 - $30 on average.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora