Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I'm looking from an antique doll expert.

Customer Question

Hello - I'm looking for help from an antique doll expert. Please advise if there is an expert that can assist me in identifying an unmarked 18" cloth doll from I believe the early 20th century. She has long limbs and a molded suede head with with embroidered
facial features and yarn hair that is stitched into the head. Her clothing is very detailed and beautifully made. She resembles very early French boudoir dolls by Stephania Frankowska which also had yarn hair, but is unmarked on the bottom of the foot as hers
usually are. She also resembles a Dorothy Heizer Doll Kit doll that was distributed through the "Modern Priscilla" magazine, however those dolls had painted facial features I believe. I inherited this doll from my grandmother. She was in a box that also had
two Madame Paderewski Polish War Relief Fund dolls. I can send more photographs if needed. Thank you!!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
My names is Nora.
I can refer you to a top doll appraiser who is not associated with this site, thus you would have to contact her and ask what her fees are
~or~
I can opt-out and open your question again to all the experts.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's okay, I'm all set. Thank you anyway!
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
ok