Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a doll that was appraised in 1990's for $4000.00 She

Customer Question

I have a doll that was appraised in 1990's for $4000.00 She is called pouty, with blown glass blue eyes that close, painted red lips, pink cheeks, and red fingernails, a silk wig w/ 2 tiny gold bobby pins. Dressed in soft white cotton long dress, half slip and panties. Shoes are soft leather with a small heel (possibly wooden). The shoe ties are silk cord. Bisque head, composite body w/ jointed elbows and knees. There are markings and name on the back of neck. I only remember BEE and Germany as part of the markings. She has been inside a glass bell jar since l990. A lady gave her to me in the late l940's. She said she played with it when she was young. Any idea about the worth of such a doll. I will take it out of the glass and check the markings carefully and send pictures later if you wish. She is clean and clothing is in perfect shape. Any idea about the worth.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not home at this time to send photos. So will get back to the expert. I really am not satisfied enough at this point in time to pay $38.00 and I definitely don't want a subscription for services I probably wouldn't use. My need is a one time need.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
At this juncture, I will opt-out here and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I will be happy to answer you once you can add some photos of your doll. I would like you to look once more at the markings. The BEE does not sound like a known mark and I want to be sure before I go searching.
You can add photos by using the paper clip icon or ADD FILES button. Let me know if you have any trouble doing this. These features work best on a desktop computer.