Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I have a book called The Prince Of Wlaes Book. Published

Customer Question

Hello. I have a book called The Prince Of Wlaes Book. Published for St dunstans by Hodser And Stoughton. Inside there is a signed letter from St James Palace . A letter signed Edward P
Is there anyway i can get this authenticated?
I would like to know what this wuld be valued for. Any advise is much appreciated
Thankyou
Lynn Shorter
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. To maximize your return, you should likely have the letter looked at and validated as authentic--I suggest the use of a group such as http://www.paasautographs.com/ as a starting point.
The book itself retails today in the range of $150 to $250 pending condition and demand but the Edward (later, King Edward VIII) autograph, if authentic, could push the value much higher. The value could double, but you do need the letter authenticated prior to marketing.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve