rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Anyone recognize the designer of this crystal bowl (4 1/2"

Customer Question

Anyone recognize the designer of this crystal bowl (4 1/2" round), no signature. Heavy and just beautiful. Any idea of its value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a contemporary piece and it is called a cut crystal rose bowl with a diamond cut pattern. Contemporary indicates it was made within the past 30 years when glass makers switched to stickers (that always fall off!) rather than signing or etching the bottom of their pieces. This shape and pattern is common to many American and European glass houses so it would be impossible to know exactly who made this one. The value of this piece is 60-75.00.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I see that you have read my answer. Let's close this question out by having you click the stars.
It was a pleasure working with you and if you'd like me again, just start a new question and putCustomeras the first word.