rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Lippencott painting 'solid comfort' it is signed

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Lippencott painting 'solid comfort' it is signed Wm H.Lippencott 1891...how do you tell if this is a print??
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Your piece Solid Comfort by William H. Lippincott (1849-1920) is a print. We can be definitive about this because the original is known to be in a private collection. This particular painting was mass produced on canvas by Realistic Arts of Michigan in the 1960's. It was a silkscreen on canvas for texture then hand signed in paint (not by him). It was also printed on paper in 1962 by Old Art Co of New York and was sold by Sears.In both cases, these pieces are worth 35.00 today.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I see that you have read my answer. Let's close this question out by having you click the stars.
It was a pleasure working with you and if you'd like me again, just start a new question and putCustomeras the first word.