Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I have an antique French writing desk purchased in New Orleans

Customer Question

I have an antique French writing desk purchased in New Orleans years ago...where would I best sell it for the proper amount?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no ANSWER on my question from yesterday?
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help (I have not been online for several days but another expert should have picked this up--so sorry for the delay).
You have a very well executed desk that appears to possibly be in European maple from the images posted. The style of the top appears to be 19th century, however, due to the bevel of the edges. Most pieces such as this tend to retail in the $1,250 range today at auction, and one of the better auction houses to consider would be Neal's in New Orleans, as they have a very strong following for items such as this.
If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.
Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.
Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.
Have a blessed day!
With kind regards,
Steve