rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I was wondering what my set of antique silver was worth and

Customer Question

I was wondering what my set of antique silver was worth and if you could determine the maker?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This piece is Austrian silver of .800 purity (sterling is .925 purity).The right facing head profile of Diana (Dianakopf mark) with the number 3 underneath is the symbol of Austrian silver of 800 purity. The letter above her head indicated the city that it was made in, however, this letter is not readable in this photo. This piece would date to no later than 1922 when the Austr***** *****mark was retired. The maker would be the TL mark. There is no way to know the maker in this case, because there is no database or much written about Austrian silversmiths.
Next, we can deal with value. Let me know how many pieces you have and how many are spoons, forks, etc.