Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a sterling silver teapot and stand. On bottom mark looks

Customer Question

I have a sterling silver teapot and stand. On bottom mark looks like a horse racing...numerals 1737...something 25 and I think 1000 fine....sterling 2 pint. It was a gift when I was living in the states in 1969. Is it really old? And I'm curious as to value. I am enquiring from Australia . Thank you. Linda McKanna
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,
My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.
Do you have any photos of the teapot as well as the maker's marking you may be able to send?
There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:
UPLOAD:
The link below will direct you through our upload process
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
EMAIL:
You can also email pictures to***@******.*** with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.
Thank you for your time,
Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****, As you can see I couldn’t get a clear picture of the markings. But as I mentioned in my earlier enquiry….the top marking looks like a half horse or deerSTERLING825 fine1000 (I think hard to read)17372 Pint
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
I am going to opt out of this one and see if there are any other experts who know that marking from the description.
Thanks again for your patience,
Frank