Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Painting by Grumbacher New York Hecho en Mexico stamped on

Customer Question

painting by Grumbacher New York Hecho en Mexico stamped on back. painting has buildings in background and boats in lower left corner. I can not identify what this might be. We have had this painting at least 35 or 40 years.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
email to send photos I usually can't send my photos, but I will try.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I received one image of the back side of your painting.
In order to assess what you have, I will need to also see a complete image of the artwork from the front, a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
Please send those at your convenience.
Thank you,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MY picture files are too large to send in my email. The add files button will not open. If I could find the Reply to Expert button,
I have directions to use the paperclip you mentioned.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
add file won't let me upload too large
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Please contact***@******.*** without photos attached to ask for help.
~Nora