Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Any value , numbered illustrations by Allyn Martin

Customer Question

Any value for signed, numbered illustrations by Allyn Martin of British points of interest?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.
If the items are numbered, they aren't drawings, they are prints.
I'm not coming up with a listed artist "Allyn Martin." Are you certain of the spelling? I'd be happy to look at a photo of the signature if you like.
Jennifer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was studying at a university in Britain and traveled extensively there. Many places I visited had lithographic artwork by Allyn Martin and his brother who would touch up the artwork with pen and ink detail work. Upon returning to the States, I had the artwork mounted and framed as I was quite taken by the quality. I have several of these frames on display in my home, have given some away to friends and have several move in cases which are closed and in a controlled environment. Find attached one of my displayed frames of Bath Abbey in southwest England as well as a close-up of the signature. I am interested in what you can find. TWH.
I can't find anything on this artist! Sorry!
I'm going to opt out. The question will become available to other appraisers (you don't need to do anything). Perhaps someone else is familiar.
Jennifer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying. I have tried searching the web myself to no avail. I would be most appreciative to hear from someone who will be able to shed more light on the artists. Thanks again. TWH